As Members of the St. Edmund Prep Community, we believe that:
- Our faith, and the Catholic identity of our school, is at the core of everything we do.
- By providing students with a faith-based value system, they will be able to develop a strong sense of self and a moral compass.
- A family atmosphere provides a safe and respectful environment where students of diverse backgrounds are welcome.
- Providing an atmosphere of direction and discipline will foster academic excellence.
- All students can achieve academic success, educated according to his or her individual needs.
- Academic success is the direct result of active participation in one’s own learning, where each student is taught to become a critical thinker, a problem solver, and a decision maker.
Commitment to the Individual
- A varied extracurricular program complements the students’ academic course of study, enhancing their creative, technical, and athletic abilities.
- All learn to respect the variety of cultures and attitudes that make for the richness of life.
- The responsibility to educate and learn is shared among the faculty, administration, parents, and students.
- Every individual is a vital part of the community and has a responsibility to give back to that community.
Adopted: March 2006
Updated: April 2014