St. Edmund Prep has the advantage of having New York City, the greatest city in the world, as its backyard. New York's cultural diversity, intellectual and artistic resources and unique social opportunities make it a perfect extension of our classrooms for our students.
St. Edmund Prep will take one day a year to explore the city in which we live, visiting museums, historic landmarks, city parks, military institutions, higher learning institutions and other social sites throughout the greater New York City area.
What are the Details of Exploration Day?
This year's Exploration Day will take place on April 25th, 2012. Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will be required to participate in an Exploration Day trip of their choosing. Please be aware of the following:
- Students will be responsible to pay for the cost of the trip.
- Fees will differ based upon the type of trip.
- All payments made by check should be made payable to "St. Edmund Prep"
- Not all trips include lunch. Be prepared to pay for lunch or bring your own bagged lunch.
- For most trips, the dress will be casual. However for certain trips, different attire is more appropriate (e.g. Broadway Shows)
- Some trips require student ID. If you have lost yours you must request a replacement from Ms. Motta.
How Do I Sign Up For A Trip?
The only way to reserve your spot is to complete the permission slip and bring full payment for your trip to the lead teacher. You may not leave them on a desk or in a mailbox, nor may you interrupt a class to sign-up. Space is limited for all trips!
Sign-ups will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Permission slips and payments are due by April 4, 2012.
What Trips are Available?
There are twenty three exciting trips planned for Exploration Day 2012! Click the icon below to see this year's list.
Photos from Past Exploration Days
Check out our online photo album of pictures from past exploration days.