Campaign For St. Edmund
What is the Campaign for St. Edmund?
St. Edmund Prep has developed a $3,000,000 campaign that will underpin the financial security, facilities, and funding necessary to continue our legacy of excellence and commitment to students in our area.
Built in 1962, St. Edmund Prep's home on Ocean Avenue has served as the cornerstone for the education of generations of young people. While this building has been sturdy and functional, recent growth has tested its physical limits. After evaluation of costs and alternative approaches to expanding the St. Edmund academic area, the Master Plan recommendation is to add a three story addition on the south side of the current school building, reducing the burden on the existing school.
Expansion and Renovation
The addition, which will be seamlessly joined to the original school structure, will feature:
- State-of-the-art Library and Media Center
- Rehearsal Classroom for the Music Program
- Studio/Classroom for the Fine Arts Program
- Additional Classroom Space
- Athletic Weight Room
- Book Store
- Dance Studio
- Storage Space
- Faculty Space
Additionally, construction of a new science center in the original school building has already been completed. The science center provides three state-of-the-art science labs and classrooms for biology, chemistry, and physics.
How to Make Your Gift
For your convenience, there are several ways you may make your contribution:
- Send a personal check or Visa, Discover, or MasterCard number by mail to :
St. Edmund Prep Building Campaign
2474 Ocean Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Make your gift over the phone by calling the school at (718) 743-6100 x 69.
- Gifts over $500 may be paid over 3 years.
- Gifts over $10,000 may be paid over 5 years.
- If you would like to volunteer your time please call the Development Office
- Contact your company's personel department to see if the company has a matching gift program.
What Size Gift Would Make a Difference to the Campaign?
Only you can decide on the amount of your gift; however, your participation is critical. We hope that all members of our community will participate in the Building Campaign at the level that they are able. Each gift, combined with the gifts of others, makes an immediate and lasting impact on the life of today's students and will continue to do so for tomorrow's students.
St. Edmund Prep extends its sincere appreciation to all who make a gift. All donors will be recognized in a report which will be published at the conclusion of the campaign. Gifts of at least $150 but less than $500 will be memorialized in perpetuity at the entrance to the new Library and Media Center. Gifts of $500 or more will be memorialized in perpetuity at the main entrance to the school. Naming opportunities are also available.