St. Edmund Preparatory High School is a Roman Catholic college preparatory school serving the young men and women of the New York City area. Consistent with our Gospel values, our school is committed to the education of the whole person. As a community that values faith, knowledge, and service, St. Edmund Prep provides students with a spiritual, academic and extra-curricular environment. Students are expected, through their experiences in the classroom and as active members of the school community, to develop attributes based on the Gospel values including personal responsibility, social responsibility, critical-thinking ability, and appreciation for the complexity of the world. In partnership with parents; the administrators, staff, and faculty of St. Edmund Prep maintain a dynamic, student-centered environment, one that affords our young women and men every opportunity to achieve excellence.
View Open Positions and Apply
Director of Alumni Relations
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Managing Director to design and implement an alumni relations engagement plan.
- Serve as primary contact for alumni-related activities and establish/maintain relationships with a wide range of alumni with the expectation of establishing an alumni association in the near future.
- Plan, promote and execute targeted alumni events.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; track event responses and monitor registrations; work with database manager to capture contact, biographical, and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, personal interactions, etc.
- Assist the Director in developing the annual Canterbury Fund campaign and creating new strategies to increase participation across our alumni base.
- Focus on digital fundraising campaigns dedicated to the Canterbury Fund such as Giving Tuesday and end of year giving.
- Manage a portfolio of annual giving prospects with the responsibility for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects/donors annually. Help to identify major gift leads through new and existing annual giving donors.
- Work with the Development team and Golf and Tennis Committee to plan the annual golf and tennis outing; actively engage alumni, friends and school vendors and partners to recruit sponsorships and participants.
- Plan Career Day by recruiting volunteer alumni and friends to return to campus and speak with students about career paths and planning.
- Organize class reunions, especially for the 50th Golden Anniversary class and other anniversary years by developing class captains/leadership committees and planning events from inception through completion.
- Assist with other Alumni and Development events as needed.
- Coordinate with Director of Communications to enhance alumni communications/connections especially among targeted alumni groups and reunion classes.
- Write and edit content for the quarterly alumni e-newsletter.
- Support efforts to engage alumni through social media accounts (particularly LinkedIn).
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in event planning, particularly in educational or nonprofit settings.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
- Ability to think outside the box within a resource-constrained environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, volunteers, alumni, parents, and other constituents.
- Strong writing skills and ability to speak in public.
- Proficient in Raisers Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge NXT; Microsoft Office; and Google for Education
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; St. Edmund graduate preferred
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should be addressed to Mrs. Joanne Blum, Director of Development and please put Alumni Relations Director in the subject line.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.