St. Edmund Prep annually awards a number of academic scholarships to qualified incoming freshmen. These scholarships range from partial to full awards to those candidates who meet the criteria. Those wishing to apply for a scholarship must fill out an application. The application must be completed in full and returned to the Office of Admissions prior to the submission deadline. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
Academic Scholarship Qualification Criteria
- Applicants must be eighth-grade students applying for admission to SEP.
- All 9th grade applicants for scholarships will be considered but preference will be given to those who list St. Edmund Prep as their first or second choice on the TACHS examination.
- Applicants’ overall average must be 90% or greater for the entirety of the seventh and first half of the eighth grade.
- Applicants’ grades in each of the core academic subjects (including, at the minimum, Mathematics, Science, Language Arts and Social Studies) must be 90% or greater for the entirety of the seventh and first half of the eighth grade.
- Applicants must take the required SEP Scholarship Examination (see admissions dates) and achieve a score at or above the 90th percentile.
From among those applicants who meet each of the above requirements, select candidates will be invited to interview with the Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee is responsible for awarding all SEP academic scholarships.
To download the scholarship application, see the PDF below. This form can be filled out electronically and printed or hand written.