Reminders for Juniors
Here are just a few reminders for members of the Junior Class to prepare for graduation. Its not that far away!
- Make sure you are academically on track for Graduation (regents exams, credits, etc.) Speak to your Guidance Counselor.
- You should identify 3 to 5 colleges to which you are interested in applying.
- The best way to get a real idea of what the school is like is to visit the campus. Look for college open house weekends or schedule individual visits through the college's admissions office.
- Attend a College Fair in your area. This is a great way to meet representatives from many colleges in one place.
- Start thinking about which teachers to approach for letters of recommendation for senior year.
- You should register to take the SAT at least once before the end of your Junior Year. Check out the College Board website for test dates.
- Look out for SAT prep courses being offered here at St. Edmund Prep by Kaplan and Revolution Prep. You should consider taking an SAT prep course. Check with the guidance office for course offerings.
- Research colleges on collegeboard.com
- Identify SAT & GPA requirements for colleges of interest.
- Identify that scholarships are available through the schools you are interested in and what the requirements are.
Links of Interest
MyMajors.com - Comprehensive College and Career Planning Information
Fast Web - A leading online resource for finding scholarships and preparing for college